By using or accessing this website, and by subscribing to any newsletter from this website or RSS feed from this website, you are agreeing to the Terms set out below.
Where reference is made to “this website” in these Terms, it is intended to include reference to the newsletter and any RSS feed from this website. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should not use the information, services or products available on this website.
This website will be updated regularly with new information, products and services. These Terms apply to existing and new material progressively uploaded to this website.
This website is published by happychild Pty Ltd (ACN 130 210 623) (“the Publisher”).
The Publisher may change these Terms without notice. A copy of the current Terms is available for you to view at all times on this website.
Who these Terms Apply To
These Terms apply to visitors to this website, to subscribers to any newsletters from this website, and to subscribers to any RSS feed from this website.
Laws Governing these Terms
This website is published by a company located in the Australian state of New South Wales and broadcast via the internet. By using or visiting this website, you are agreeing that if there is any legal dispute arising from your use or visit to this website, any such dispute will be governed by the laws of New South Wales and Australia, and, if applicable by international laws about copyright. You also agree to the jurisdiction of Australian courts over you and further agree that any such dispute will be heard in an appropriate court located in New South Wales.
If you are accessing this website from another jurisdiction, in addition to your agreement to these Terms, you agree to follow any applicable laws of that jurisdiction.
Each Term Severable from Others
If any of these Terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, any such term is to be severed from this agreement and the remainder of the terms are to be treated as valid and enforceable.
Information is of a General Nature Only
This website provides information and links of a general nature and is designed for educational, promotional and informative purposes only. You acknowledge that you should consult a healthcare professional for serious concerns and that you should seek advice from a relevantly qualified professional. You are expressly agreeing that the material on this website will not be relied upon for psychological, medical, family or health-related decisions.
The Publisher reminds you that you should not make any decisions that have the potential to affect your own or your children’s emotional wellbeing or health without consulting a relevantly qualified professional.
The Publisher is Not Making Any Warranty
You agree that the Publisher is not making, and the Publisher expressly disclaims, any representation or warranty, implied or explicit, about:
- the suitability of the website’s content for your own or other people’s purposes; or
- the correct usage of content on this website; or
- the proprietary nature of any content on this website.
The Publisher Is Not Responsible for Loss or Damage and You Release the Publisher from Liability
You agree that you are using this website at your own risk.
You agree that the Publisher is not responsible for any loss or damage you allege has been caused by reliance on, or use of, any material on this website. This limitation of liability includes but is not limited to the transmission of any computer virus. The Publisher can not guarantee that any file or program available from this website is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used.
You agree to assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this website.You agree not to make any claims or allegations against the Publisher or its directors, affiliates, contractors, agents, employees, content providers or contributors whatsoever arising from your use of this website, including but not limited to any claims about:
- alleged infringement of proprietary rights;
- alleged inaccuracy of the content of this website; and
- allegations that the Publisher is liable to indemnify, defend or hold you harmless from any claim or allegation arising from your use of this website.
You release the Publisher and its directors, affiliates, contractors, agents, employees, content providers and contributors from any claims whatsoever for loss, damage or liability (including special, indirect or consequential loss or damage such as loss of revenue) relating to:
- your use of this website;
- comments, reviews or other material posted to this website by you or anyone else;
- membership and use of forums on this website;
- any inability to use, or lack of access to, this website or any service on this website; and
- any emails sent to you arising from the use or membership of this website.
Exclusion of Liability and Limitation of Liability
The Publisher excludes, to the extent permitted by law, any liability for direct, indirect, consequential or special loss that may be claimed to arise as a result of the use of this website, the information on it or products or services available on this website. Where liability cannot be excluded, you agree that any liability the Publisher may have to you in relation to the use of this website or its content, is limited as provided under the Australian law known as the Trade Practices Act.
Copyright, Trademarks & Content
Unless otherwise indicated, the Publisher reserves its rights and the rights of contributors to claim ownership of the copyright in all of the content of this website. You should note that pictures on this website may be the property of others and you are not permitted to copy and republish those pictures.
The content of this website is protected by Australian and international laws on copyright.
The Publisher and/or its directors own the trademark “happy child” in a number of relevant classes registered with IP Australia.
You may not use any trademark or logo found on this website for any purpose without the express consent of the Publisher.
The Publisher welcomes your linking to this website but you must not use our logo or trademarks to create a link without the express consent of the Publisher.
Ask Permission Before Using Content
If you want to use any of the content of this website for commercial or business use, you must seek permission from us. Contact Us
If you want to reproduce any material found on this website for any other reason, and we have not expressly identified the material as free for reproduction, you must seek permission from us. Contact Us
You may not use any of the content on this website for publication on another website without permission from us. Contact Us
Links to Other Websites
This website may contain links to other websites. Links are provided to help you to conduct your own research and reading. You should make your own enquiries about the suitability of any products, services or information on those websites.
You agree that the Publisher has no responsibility for, or control over, the content or operation of linked websites and is not making any representations about the content of those websites. You further agree that the Publisher is not liable for the content of those websites.
Continued Access to This Website
The Publisher does not warrant that it will continue to publish this website and it reserves the right to, at some time in the future, impose fees for access to all or part of this website.
Use of Forums, Posting of Reviews or Other Content on this Website and General Rules of Conduct on this Website
If you read or post comments in forums on this website, or read or send a book review or otherwise read or submit content (otherwise known as “user-generated content”) on this website you agree that:
- you will only post or submit material that is relevant to the particular topic being discussed;
- you will not submit or post material of a marketing or sales nature without the Publisher’s permission;
- the Publisher is not responsible for the editing or deletion of material that is posted or submitted but reserves the right to do so;
- by posting any material in a forum or making any submissions to this website, you expressly abandon any claim to owning the copyright in that material and agree that the Publisher now owns the copyright to it;
- any posting you make in a forum or any material you submit may be reproduced by the Publisher without your permission;
- you will not post or submit any material that is owned by a third party without their express permission;
- you will indemnify the Publisher and hold it harmless from any liability whatsoever that may arise from your posting of material in a forum or submitting material to this website;
- you will not post any material of a defamatory or disparaging nature about any person or corporation;
- you will not abuse, harrass, threaten or harm other website visitors;
- you will not post or submit any material that is offensive, obscene, rude, or that may be seen as discriminatory on any grounds including sexual, racial, cultural or ethnic;
- you will take care not to invade other people’s privacy;
- you will not copy and use any email addresses or screen names for commercial use;
- you will not store or collect personal information about other users of this website;
- you will not impersonate another person when using this website;
- you will not upload any content that contains any computer viruses or other harmful code that may affect the website’s function or the ability of visitors to access the website’s content.
If you do not follow these Terms, the Publisher may block your access to this website.
If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to post content on this website.
If you are a subscriber to a newsletter from this website, you agree and accept that from time to time commercial advertising may appear in that newsletter from this website or third parties. Advertising may also appear on this website in the form of banner ads and Google Adsense ads.
You understand and agree that by publishing advertising, the Publisher is not making any representations or making any recommendations about the products or services advertised by third parties and you agree that the Publisher has no control over the practices of the third parties who are advertising on this website or in the newsletter. Where advertising contains a link to another website, you agree that the Publisher is not making any recommendation or offer about the particular product or service being linked to.