Or use the link above to buy via Book Depository
Examining the effects of positive emotions on every aspect of one's life, psychologist Barbara Fredrickson explains how to create a richer, healthier, more fulfilling life through a process called the upward spiral that incorporates innovative techniques designed to reduce negativity, ten forms of positivity, and ways positivity can influence relationships, health, and work.
World renowned researcher Dr. Barbara Fredrickson gives you the lab-tested tools necessary to create a healthier, more vibrant, and flourishing life through a process she calls "the upward spiral." You'll discover:
- What positivity is, and why it needs to be heartfelt to be effective
- The ten sometimes surprising forms of positivity
- Why positivity is more important than happiness
- How positivity can enhance relationships, work, and health, and how it relieves depression, broadens minds, and builds lives
- The top-notch research that backs the 3-to-1 "positivity ratio" as a key tipping point
- That your own sources of positivity are unique and how to tap into them
- How to calculate your current positivity ratio, track it, and improve it
With Positivity you'll learn to see new possibilities,learn how to bounce back from setbacks, connect with others, and become the best version of yourself.
"Written by one of the most influential contributors to this new perspective in science, Positivity provides a wonderful synthesis of what positive psychology has accomplished in the first decade of its existence. It is full of deep insights about human behavior as well as useful suggestions for how to apply them in everyday life." Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Ph.D., author of Flow
" 'Positivity' is literally the feel-good book of the year, providing a scientifically sound prescription for joy, health, and creativity. Read one to two chapters daily as needed or until grumpiness subsides."
Daniel Gilbert, professor of psychology, Harvard University, and author of Stumbling on Happiness"